Plaster Studio – by Stephanie Lee & Judy Wise
Plaster Studio is the perfect combination of plaster and encaustic to produce luminous and beautiful 2 or 3D works.
Raw, friendly and easily altered, plaster is perhaps the most versatile art medium you have yet to encounter. Beautiful in its luminosity, yet open to receiving a multitude of alterations, plaster will easily agree to being painted, carved, cast and sculpted. Stephanie Lee and Judy Wise will walk you through 24 step-by-step projects and will introduce you to a variety of plaster forms. The techniques you’ll be introduced to will inspire you to go on and develop your own creations.
Inside Plaster Studio you will discover how to:
- Apply image transfers to a plaster surface
- Make plaster projects glow with the addition of encaustic medium
- Create book pages and covers from plaster
- Add depth with plaster and stencils
- Cast objects from plaster that are easy to add to other works of art
- Bring three-dimensional intrigue to projects using wire armature with plaster gauze
- Take your work to the next level with the help of inspiring gallery works from the authors and talented contributing artists
Mix up your first batch of plaster today and see what Plaster Studio will inspire your imagination to carve out!